Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Pat Reeves - October 2018 not published - Health care a top issue.

Health care seems to be a top issue for voters in the up-coming
midterm election.
I agree on its importance.  Like most voters, I too want to feel the
security of knowing
that my medical needs will be taken care of.

But I think it’s also important to see how one’s need for health care
interacts with local environmental issues.  We don’t need to take
sides in the climate change debate to realize that the air quality in
Fresno is detrimental to one’s health.  The connection between bad air
quality and respiratory and cardiovascular diseases has long been
known.  More recently,
research studies have linked air pollution to cognitive decline.

With this in mind, I advocate voting for candidates who offer concrete
solutions not only
for better health services but for better preventative health care
measures as well.

Pat Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment